Circulation Research Online First
All Original Research articles are published Online First on the same day of acceptance, including Original Contributions, Short Communications, Brief UltraRapid Communications, New Methods, and Clinical Track. After Online First publication, articles will be prepared for print and online publication, which includes copyediting, typesetting, proofreading, and author review. This process may lead to differences between the accepted version of the manuscript and the final, published version.
Some selected Original Research articles and AHA Scientific Statements (when published in Circulation Research) in the Online First area have been typeset, copyedited, and reviewed by the author or writing group, but they have not appeared in a print or online issue of the journal.
Each manuscript published Online First is citable, with the official publication date being the date of the manuscript's first online posting. To reference an Online First article, please follow this example: Nakajima S, Ohashi J, Sawada A, Noda K, Fukumoto Y, Shimokawa H. Essential role of bone marrow for microvascular endothelial and metabolic functions in mice. Circ Res. May 1, 2012. doi:10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.112.270215: http://circres.ahajournals.org. Accessed June 20, 2012.
2017 AHA Late-Breaking Basic Science Abstracts
- You have accessRestricted accessLate-Breaking Basic Science Abstracts From the American Heart Association’s Scientific Sessions 2017Circulation Research. 2017;RES.0000000000000184, originally published November 10, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/RES.0000000000000184
Brief Ultra Rapid Communication
- You have accessRestricted accessThyroid and Glucocorticoid Hormones Promote Functional T-tubule Development in Human-Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Derived CardiomyocytesShan s Parikh, Daniel J Blackwell, Nieves Gomez-Hurtado, Michael Frisk, Lili Wang, Kyungsoo Kim, Christen P Dahl, Arnt E Fiane, Theis Tønnessen, Dmytro O Kryshtal, William E Louch and Bjorn C KnollmannCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311920, originally published October 2, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311920
- You have accessRestricted accessInduced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC)-Derived Extracellular Vesicles Are Safer and More Effective for Cardiac Repair than iPSCsMarta Adamiak, Guangming Cheng, Sylwia Bobis-Wozowicz, Lin Zhao, Sylwia Kedracka-Krok, Anweshan Samanta, Elzbieta Karnas, Yu-Ting Xuan, Bozena Skupien-Rabian, Xing Chen, Urszula Jankowska, Magdy Girgis, Malgorzata Sekula, Arash Davani, Slawomir Lasota, Robert J Vincent, Michal Sarna, Kathy L Newell, Ou-Li Wang, Nathaniel Dudley, Zbigniew Madeja, Buddhadeb Dawn and Ewa K Zuba-SurmaCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311769, originally published November 8, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311769
- You have accessRestricted accessMitochondrial Oxidative Stress Reduces the Immunopotency of Mesenchymal Stromal Cells in Adults with Coronary Artery DiseaseOzge Kizilay Mancini, Maximilien Lora, Alexanne Cuillerier, Dominique Shum-Tim, Reggie C Hamdy, Yan Burelle, Marc J Servant, Ursula Stochaj and Ines ColmegnaCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311400, originally published November 7, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311400
- You have accessRestricted accessAssociations of Endogenous Estradiol and Testosterone Levels with Plaque Composition and Risk of Stroke in Subjects with Carotid AtherosclerosisMarija Glisic, Blerim Mujaj, Oscar L Rueda-Ochoa, Eralda Asllanaj, Joop S Laven, Maryam Kavousi, M. Kamran Ikram, Meike W Vernooij, M Arfan Ikram, Oscar H Franco, Daniel Bos and Taulant MukaCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311681, originally published November 2, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311681
- You have accessRestricted accessMitochondrial Reactive Oxygen Species in Lipotoxic Hearts Induces Post-Translational Modifications of AKAP121, DRP1 and OPA1 That Promote Mitochondrial FissionKensuke Tsushima, Heiko Bugger, Adam R Wende, Jamie Soto, Gregory A Jenson, Austin R Tor, Rose McGlauflin, Helena C kenny, Yuan Zhang, Rhonda Souvenir, Xiao X Hu, Crystal L Black, Renata O Pereira, Vitor A Lira, Kenneth Spitzer, Terry L Sharp, Kooresh I Shoghi, Genevieve C Sparagna, Eva A Rog-Zielinska, Peter Kohl, Oleh Khalimonchuk, Jean E Schaffer and E. Dale AbelCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311307, originally published November 1, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311307
- You have accessRestricted accessUnspliced XBP1 Confers VSMC Homeostasis and Prevents Aortic Aneurysm Formation via FoxO4 InteractionGuizhen Zhao, Yi Fu, Zeyu Cai, Fang Yu, Ze Gong, Rongbo Dai, Yanhua Hu, Lingfang Zeng, Qingbo Xu and Wei KongCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311450, originally published October 31, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311450
- You have accessRestricted accessThyroid Function and the Risk of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Morbidity and Mortality: The Rotterdam StudyArjola Bano, Layal Chaker, Francesco U Mattace-Raso, Aad van der Lugt, M Arfan Ikram, Oscar H Franco, Robin P Peeters and Maryam KavousiCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311603, originally published October 31, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311603
- You have accessRestricted accessGenetic Depletion or Hyperresponsiveness of Natural Killer Cells Do Not Affect Atherosclerosis DevelopmentWared Nour-Eldine, Jeremie Joffre, Kazem Zibara, Andreas Giraud, Bruno Esposito, Lynda Zeboudj, José Vilar, Megumi Terada, Patrick Bruneval, Eric Vivier, Hafid Ait-Oufella, Ziad Mallat, Sophie Ugolini and Alain TedguiCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311743, originally published October 18, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311743
- You have accessRestricted accessAttenuation of Myeloid Specific TGFβ Signaling Induces Inflammatory Cerebrovascular Disease and StrokeM C Hollander, Lawrence L Latour, Dan Yang, Hiroki Ishii, Zhiguang Xiao, Yongfen Min, Abhik Ray-Choudhury, Jeeva Munasinghe, Anand S Merchant, P C Lin, John Hallenbeck, Manfred Boehm and Li YangCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.116.310349, originally published October 19, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.116.310349
- You have accessRestricted accessMitochondrial Cardiomyopathy Caused by Elevated Reactive Oxygen Species and Impaired Cardiomyocyte ProliferationDonghui Zhang, Yifei Li, Danielle A Heims-Waldron, Vassilios J Bezzerides, Silvia Guatimosim, Yuxuan Guo, Fei Gu, Pingzhu Zhou, Zhiqiang Lin, Qing Ma, Jianming Liu, Da-Zhi Wang and William T PuCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311349, originally published October 11, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311349
- You have accessRestricted accessA Distinct Cellular Basis for Early Cardiac Arrhythmias, The Cardinal Manifestation of Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy, and the Skin Phenotype of Cardiocutaneous SyndromesJennifer Karmouch, Qiong Q Zhou, Christina Y Miyake, Raffaella Lombardi, Kai Kretzschmar, Marie Bannier-Hélaouët, Hans Clevers, Xander H Wehrens, James T Willerson and Ali J MarianCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311876, originally published October 10, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311876
- You have accessRestricted accessCCND2 Overexpression Enhances the Regenerative Potency of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes: Remuscularization of Injured VentricleWuqiang Zhu, Meng Zhao, Saidulu Mattapally, Sifeng Chen and Jianyi ZhangCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311504, originally published October 10, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311504
- You have accessRestricted accessCalcium-Dependent Arrhythmogenic Foci Created by Weakly Coupled Myocytes in the Failing HeartDi Lang, Daisuke Sato, Yan Jiang, Kenneth S Ginsburg, Crystal M Ripplinger and Donald M BersCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.312050, originally published October 2, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.312050
- You have accessRestricted accessPDK4 Inhibits Cardiac Pyruvate Oxidation in Late PregnancyLaura X Liu, Glenn C Rowe, Steven Yang, Jian Li, Federico Damilano, Mun Chun Chan, Wenyun Lu, Cholsoon Jang, Shogo Wada, Michael Morley, Michael Hesse, Bernd K Fleischmann, Joshua Rabinowitz, Saumya Das, Anthony Rosenzweig and Zoltan AranyCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311456, originally published September 19, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311456
- You have accessRestricted accessInterleukin 17A Exacerbates Atherosclerosis by Promoting Fatty Acid-Binding Protein 4–Mediated ER Stress in MacrophagesQi Gao, Yang Jiang, Shen Dai, Bo Wang, Fei Gao, Chun Guo, Faliang Zhu, Qun Wang, Xiaoyan Wang, Jining Wang, Yongyu Shi, Yun Zhang, Wanjun Chen and Lining ZhangCirculation Research. 2012;CIRCRESAHA.112.272567, originally published October 9, 2012https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.112.272567
- Open AccessQuaking Inhibits Doxorubicin-Mediated Cardiotoxicity Through Regulation of Cardiac Circular RNA ExpressionShashi K Gupta, Ankita Garg, Christian Bär, Shambhabi Chatterjee, Ariana Foinquinos, Hendrik Milting, Katrin Streckfuss-Bömeke, Jan Fiedler and Thomas ThumCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311335, originally published November 13, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311335