Circulation Research Online First
All Original Research articles are published Online First on the same day of acceptance, including Original Contributions, Short Communications, Brief UltraRapid Communications, New Methods, and Clinical Track. After Online First publication, articles will be prepared for print and online publication, which includes copyediting, typesetting, proofreading, and author review. This process may lead to differences between the accepted version of the manuscript and the final, published version.
Some selected Original Research articles and AHA Scientific Statements (when published in Circulation Research) in the Online First area have been typeset, copyedited, and reviewed by the author or writing group, but they have not appeared in a print or online issue of the journal.
Each manuscript published Online First is citable, with the official publication date being the date of the manuscript's first online posting. To reference an Online First article, please follow this example: Nakajima S, Ohashi J, Sawada A, Noda K, Fukumoto Y, Shimokawa H. Essential role of bone marrow for microvascular endothelial and metabolic functions in mice. Circ Res. May 1, 2012. doi:10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.112.270215: http://circres.ahajournals.org. Accessed June 20, 2012.
- You have accessRestricted accessDose Comparison Study of Allogeneic Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Patients with Ischemic Cardiomyopathy (The TRIDENT Study)Victoria Florea, Angela C Rieger, Darcy L Difede, Jill El-Khorazaty, Makoto Natsumeda, Monisha N Banerjee, Bryon A Tompkins, Aisha Khan, Ivonne H Schulman, Ana M Landin, Muzammil Mushtaq, Maureen H Lowery, John Byrnes, Robert C Hendel, Mauricio G Cohen, Krystalenia Valasaki, Marietsy V Pujol, Eduard Ghersin, Roberto Miki, Cindy Delgado, Fouad A Abuzeid, Mayra Vidro-Casiano, Russell Saltzman, Daniel DaFonseca, Lina V Caceres, Kevin N Ramdas, Adam Mendizabal, Alan W Heldman, Raul D Mitrani and Joshua M HareCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311827, originally published September 18, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311827
- You have accessRestricted accessCardiovascular Event Prediction by Machine Learning: The Multi-Ethnic Study of AtherosclerosisBharath Ambale-Venkatesh, Xiaoying yang, Colin O Wu, Kiang Liu, W G Hundley, Robyn L McClelland, Antoinette S Gomes, Aaron R Folsom, Steven Shea, Eliseo Guallar, David A Bluemke and João A LimaCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311312, originally published August 9, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311312
- You have accessRestricted accessRNA-Seq Identifies Circulating miR-125a-5p, miR-125b-5p and miR-143-3p as Potential Biomarkers for Acute Ischemic StrokeSteffen Tiedt, Matthias Prestel, Rainer Malik, Nicola Schieferdecker, Marco Düring, Veronika Kautzky, Ivelina Stoycheva, Julia Böck, Bernd H Northoff, Matthias Klein, Franziska Dorn, Knut Krohn, Daniel Teupser, Arthur Liesz, Nikolaus Plesnila, Lesca M Holdt and Martin DichgansCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311572, originally published July 19, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311572
- You have accessRestricted accessPDK4 Inhibits Cardiac Pyruvate Oxidation in Late PregnancyLaura X Liu, Glenn C Rowe, Steven Yang, Jian Li, Federico Damilano, Mun Chun Chan, Wenyun Lu, Cholsoon Jang, Shogo Wada, Michael Morley, Michael Hesse, Bernd K Fleischmann, Joshua Rabinowitz, Saumya Das, Anthony Rosenzweig and Zoltan AranyCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311456, originally published September 19, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311456
- You have accessRestricted accessGJA1-20k Arranges Actin to Guide Cx43 Delivery to Cardiac Intercalated DiscsWassim A Basheer, Shaohua Xiao, Irina Epifantseva, Ying Fu, Andre G Kleber, TingTing Hong and Robin M ShawCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311955, originally published September 18, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311955
- You have accessRestricted accessP2Y2 Nucleotide Receptor Prompts Human Cardiac Progenitor Cell Activation by Modulating Hippo SignalingFarid G Khalafalla, Steven R Greene, Hashim Khan, Kelli Ilves, Megan M Monsanto, Roberto Alvarez, Monica Chavarria, Jonathan H Nguyen, Benjamin Norman, Walter P Dembitsky and Mark A SussmanCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.310812, originally published September 18, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.310812
- You have accessRestricted accessCortical Bone Stem Cell Therapy Preserves Cardiac Structure and Function After Myocardial InfarctionThomas E Sharp, Giana J Schena, Alexander R Hoachlandr-Hobby, Timothy Starosta, Remus M Berretta, Markus Wallner, Giulia Borghetti, Polina Gross, Daohai Yu, Jaslyn Johnson, Eric A Feldsott, Danielle M Trappanese, Amir Toib, Joseph E Rabinowitz, Jon C George, Hajime Kubo, Sadia Mohsin and Steven R HouserCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311174, originally published September 14, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311174
- You have accessRestricted accessCELF1 Mediates Connexin 43 mRNA Degradation in Dilated CardiomyopathyKuei-Ting Chang, Ching-Feng Cheng, Pei-Chih King, Shin-Yi Liu and Guey-Shin WangCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311281, originally published September 5, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311281
- You have accessRestricted accessRegulation of Macrophage Apoptosis and Atherosclerosis by Lipid Induced PKCδ Isoform ActivationQian Li, Kyoungmin Park, Yu Xia, Motonobu Matsumoto, Weier Qi, Jialin Fu, Hisashi Yokomizo, Mogher Khamaisi, Xuanchun Wang, Christian Rask-Madsen and George L KingCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311606, originally published August 30, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311606
- You have accessRestricted accessPostnatal Cardiac Gene-Editing Using CRISPR/Cas9 with AAV9-Mediated Delivery of Short Guide RNAs Results in Mosaic Gene DisruptionAnne K Johansen, Bas Molenaar, Danielle Versteeg, Ana R Leitoguinho, Charlotte J Demkes, Bastiaan Spanjaard, Hesther de Ruiter, Farhad A Akbari Moqadam, Lieneke Kooijman, Lorena Zentilin, Mauro Giacca and Eva van RooijCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.116.310370, originally published August 29, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.116.310370
- You have accessRestricted accessMerTK Cleavage on Resident Cardiac Macrophages Compromises Repair after Myocardial Ischemia Reperfusion InjuryMatthew DeBerge, Xin-Yi Yeap, Shirley Dehn, Shuang Zhang, Lubov S Grigoryeva, Sol Misener, Daniele Procissi, Xin Zhou, Daniel C Lee, William A Muller, Xunrong Luo, Carla Rothlin, Ira Tabas and Edward B ThorpCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311327, originally published August 29, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311327
- You have accessRestricted accessActivation of γ2-AMPK Suppresses Ribosome Biogenesis and Protects Against Myocardial Ischemia/Reperfusion InjuryYang Cao, Naveen Bojjireddy, Maengjo Kim, Tao Li, Peiyong Zhai, Narayani Nagarajan, Junichi Sadoshima, Richard D Palmiter and Rong TianCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311159, originally published August 23, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311159
- You have accessRestricted accessMacrophage Liver Kinase B1 Inhibits Foam Cell Formation and AtherosclerosisZhaoyu Liu, Huaiping Zhu, Xaoyan Dai, Cheng Wang, Ye Ding, Ping Song and Ming-Hui ZouCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311546, originally published August 21, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311546
- Open AccessTargeting miR-423-5p Reverses Exercise Training-Induced HCN4 Channel Remodeling and Sinus BradycardiaAlicia D'Souza, Charles M Pearman, Yanwen Wang, Shu Nakao, Sunil Jit R Logantha, Charlotte Cox, Hayley J Bennett, Yu Zhang, Anne Berit Johnsen, Nora Linscheid, Pi C Poulsen, Jonathan Elliott, Jessica Coulson, Jamie S McPhee, Abigail C Robertson, Paula A da Costa Martins, Ashraf Kitmitto, Ulrik Wisloff, Elizabeth J Cartwright, Oliver Monfredi, Alicia Lundby, Halina Dobrzynski, Delvac Oceandy, Gwilym M Morris and Mark R BoyettCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311607, originally published August 17, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311607
- You have accessRestricted accessIn Vivo Genome Editing Restores Dystrophin Expression and Cardiac Function in Dystrophic MiceMona EL Refaey, Li Xu, Yandi Gao, Benjamin D Canan, TM A Adesanya, Sarah C Warner, Keiko Akagi, David E Symer, Peter J Mohler, Jianjie Ma, Paul M Janssen and Renzhi HanCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.310996, originally published August 8, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.310996
- You have accessRestricted accessNeutrophil Activation of Endothelial Cell-Expressed TRPM2 Mediates Transendothelial Neutrophil Migration and Vascular InjuryManish Mittal, Saroj Nepal, Yoshikazu Tsukasaki, Claudie M Hecquet, Dheeraj Soni, Jalees Rehman, Chinnaswamy Tiruppathi and Asrar B MalikCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311747, originally published August 8, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311747
- You have accessRestricted accessTLR2 Plays a Key Role in Platelet Hyperreactivity and Accelerated Thrombosis Associated with HyperlipidemiaSudipta Biswas, Alejandro Zimman, Detao Gao, Tatiana Byzova and Eugene PodrezCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311069, originally published August 3, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311069
- You have accessRestricted accessMast Cells Granular Contents Are Crucial for Deep Vein Thrombosis in MiceTatyana Ponomaryov, Holly Payne, Larissa Fabritz, Denisa D Wagner and Alexander BrillCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.311185, originally published July 24, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.311185
- You have accessRestricted accessContinuous-Flow LVAD Support Causes a Distinct Form of Intestinal AngiodysplasiaJooeun Kang, Samson Hennessy-Strahs, Pawel Kwiatkowski, Christian Bermudez, Michael A Acker, Pavan Atluri, Patrick McConnell and Carlo R BartoliCirculation Research. 2017;CIRCRESAHA.117.310848, originally published July 20, 2017https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.117.310848
- You have accessRestricted accessInterleukin 17A Exacerbates Atherosclerosis by Promoting Fatty Acid-Binding Protein 4–Mediated ER Stress in MacrophagesQi Gao, Yang Jiang, Shen Dai, Bo Wang, Fei Gao, Chun Guo, Faliang Zhu, Qun Wang, Xiaoyan Wang, Jining Wang, Yongyu Shi, Yun Zhang, Wanjun Chen and Lining ZhangCirculation Research. 2012;CIRCRESAHA.112.272567, originally published October 9, 2012https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.112.272567