Estimation of the Residual Volume of the Right Ventricle of the Dog's Heart
The measurement of right ventricular end-diastolic volume, end-systolic volume, and stroke volume by means of the electric conductivity technic is described. The right ventricle empties in a "fractional" manner, as does the left ventricle, and on the average 39 per cent of its end-diastolic volume is ejected with each stroke, leaving a residual volume of 61 per cent.
- Received February 11, 1957.
- © 1957 American Heart Association, Inc.